Superhero film about Steve Rogers who, after entering a secret army project, becomes "Captain America". Steve Rogers was a physically weak man, who, during World War 2, failed the normal army tests due to various health issues. However, he is chosen to take part in a experiment to change him into a super-soldier. However, Hyrda, a top secret part of Nazis are working on their own experiments. |
Note: This is a BD-J, title and resume play doesn't work - if play is stopped it loads the disc up from the start again.
* Commentary - by the director - Joe Johnston, thedirector or photography Shelly Johnson, and the editor Jeffrey Ford.
* "Marvel One-Shot: A funny thing happened on the way to thor's hammer". - short approx 4 min film (inc credits) about a robbery at a store.
* "Outfitting a Hero" - 1080/24p, 1.78:1. Documentary about designing the costume and shield for the Captain America character. (10 min 15s).
* "Howling Commandos". Short 6 min feature about the main allied commando characters in the film.
* "Heightened Technology". Feature about the special technology vehicles and special weapons used in the film. Approx 5.5 mins.
* "The Transformation" - about using computer processing and other techniques to create the skinny, shorter version of the Steve Rogers character. Approx 8 min 46s.
* "Behind the Skull". Designing and creating the main villain. Approx 10 min 20s.
* "Captain America's Origin". 3-4 min.
* "The Assembly begins" 1 min 40s. feature advertising the Avengers (Avengers Assemble) film.
* Deleted Scenes - various deleted scenes with option commentary.
* Trailers - 2 trailers for the film, one for the game, and one for the Avengers animated trailer.
Extras are good but they don't really show much about the location shooting.