Interstellar is a big Science fiction film directed by Christopher Nolan and starring Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain about an important space mission.|
As the future of the Earth is endangered, ex-astronaut Cooper (Matthew McConaughey) decides to risk piloting an important mission, which he does together a group of other astronauts including Brand (Anne Hathaway), and a block-like robot with a primary goal of trying to save the people of Earth. The mission involves travel through a wormhole but thing don't go according to plan and the people are put in serious danger. A good film, in the style of 2001: A Space Odyssey and Gravity.
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1 - with some shots in 1.78:1 (IMAX scenes).
Picture Quality: Good
Audio Quality: Good but, people have mentioned about the levels which I agree that sometimes the music/sound effects can drown out the dialogue a bit.
Audio options: English, English Descriptive Audio, Dutch, Spanish (there is no commentary option)
Subtitles: English for Deaf and hard of hearing, Dutch, Spanish, etc.
Special Features/Extras: The extras are on the second disc. These are:
* The science of interstellar (1080p24, 1.78:1 - except for most film clips. with some upscaled content). A documentary about the things involved in the film, including the search for habitable planets, the theory of relativity, time travel, wormholes and more. Approx 50 mins including credits.
* Inside Interstellar (1080p24, 1.78:1). Documentary about desgining the thing for the film and shooting scenes of the film. Shorter than the previous documentary.
* Life on Cooper's Farm. Planning and shooting the scenes around Cooper's farm.
* The Dust. Short documentary shooting the dust storm scenes around the farmhouse.
* Tars and Case. Documentary about the box/slab-like robot from the film, using a physical versions as well as a CGI version. Just over 9 mins.
* The cosmic sounds of Interstellar. Composing/recording the music for the film.
* The space suits. Designing the space suits for the film.
* The Endurance. Designing the main space craft from the film, including the space shit set interiors. One of the better short documentaries.
* Shooting in Iceland: Miller's Planet/Mann's Planet. Shooting the scenes set on the two planets in Iceland.